So I am super excited about starting up a Personal Renewal Group for Moms at Devotion Yoga. I am seeking support as a mother myself and am looking forward to sharing some helpful and inspiring information I have found by becoming a RTA Personal Renewal Group Facilitator through Renée Trudeau’s program. Her book, The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal should be required reading for every new mother!!
One important topic that Mom’s should focus on is Self-Care (and I don’t just mean a good massage and pedicure!). There are four main areas of self-care: physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental.
“Self-Care is not about self-indulgence, it is about self-preservation.”
- Audre Lorde
Top 5 Reasons Mom’s Need to Commit to Self-Care:
1. Nurturing ourselves makes us more loving, which in turn makes us better friends, partners, parents, and more fun to be around!
2. By filling our cups first, we tend to feel more generous and can avoid building resentments toward others who demand our energy and time.
3. Practicing self-care helps us be more present and calm, so we can respond wisely, intuitively and effectively to a variety of circumstances.
4. Taking care of ourselves on all levels (physically / mentally / emotionally / spiritually) helps us feel alive and whole, able to function at our best and do all the things we want to do.
5. Taking care of ourselves shows our children the importance of self-worth and that it is important to be kind to yourself as well as others.
Join me on Sunday, November 17th for a Personal Renewal Group Party at Devotion Yoga at 7pm! This is a free event for moms to come together, relax, connect and have a glass of wine!!!